OLD FIREHOUSE AND COMMUNITY CENTER
Situated in the heart of the Orleans Village Center, 44 Main Street is a historic building which was once a firehouse. The Historic Markers Committee has installed an official marker in the courtyard of this building explaining the history of the Old Firehouse. The Orleans Chamber of Commerce's main offices are located here, along with the Orleans Old Firehouse Community Center/ art gallery / meeting space and public rest rooms.
The Old Firehouse Gallery is available for exhibits, performance, lectures and special events year-round for non-profit organizations.
Exhibits and events that further the Orleans Cultural District's mission of "cultural, environmental and economic vitality of Orleans" are encouraged to contact us for use of the gallery space.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to make a formal request to book your time on the gallery calendar. To reach us by phone, call 508.737.4669.
Gallery Policies, Volunteer Guidelines and Application Forms
- If you host an exhibit at the Old Firehouse, be prepared to sign a release form for your artwork.
- Learn the key routine for the gallery and lock up after each show.
- Hang and remove your show.
- Label your show.
- Staff gallery hours, Saturday and Sunday 1-4 PM and more often if you can
- Post your hours on the Gallery Door.
- Keep the gallery clean.
- Provide a reception open to the public.
- Work with the OCP to market your show.
The form below can be dragged over to your desktop to open or you can save it as a screen shot on your computer.